Páginas

16/5/11

The waterfall is closed

Live, from Koh Chang:

I love being an early bird; my real party happens during the first hours of daylight. Today I walked for one hour and then ran for another ½ hour from Lonely beach to Klon Prao. I saw some colourful birds, durian hanging from their tree and also recognized a wild green that I used to eat in the jungle of Gabon. It is like a spinach and very tasty. I got to the entrance of the forest trail leading to Khon Plu waterfall at 7.30am with the intention of having a rewarding freshwater feast before the crowd wakes up. There was a small office where a sign announced opening hours from 8am to 6pm and a 200 baht fee for entrance but nobody was in there. Alas, as I entered the trail, an officer was sitting by and said to me NO NO NO … I pretended not to understand and continued walking but it did not work… I said, “so… the waterfall is closed? “ And he replied YES…. Ahhh I don´t really like this waterfall infrastructure here in Thailand… Being organized is a blessing, but too much organization s@cks.

Anyway it was good to be back early to my lonely beach. I bought 2 pineapples and greens for breakfast and had an aircon lift back. Spent all morning at the beach; loads of sea water and sun through my skin feels so damned good.


Koh Chang, una isla paradisíaca en la costa este de Tailandia. Cubierta de selva y muy montañosa, aunque con mucha vida nocturna, bares y hoteles en las playas. Hoy muy temprano por la mañana fui a una de las cataratas que había fichado en el mapa pero todavía "estaba cerrada" (llegué a la entrada del parque a las 7.30 y la oficina abría a las 8). Me di media vuelta y seguí corriendo.
Posted by Picasa

2 comentarios:

  1. Otro día en la oficina ¿eh?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi, Yes! I have a post there. Do you want to post on it with me? I haven't posted on it for a long time, but I'm open to doing it again. :)

    http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/the-art-of-being-juicy-30-day

    ResponderEliminar